FirstGroup plc is a leading Worldwide transport operator with annualised revenues of over £6 billion. They employ some 136,000 staff throughout the UK and North America and transport more than 2.5 billion passengers a year.
In this the 2nd part of our Podcast for those 'Getting Started' with learning technologies, we discuss with Niall Gavin, the Group IT Training Manager @ First Group how he's going about introducing learning technologies into an organisation with very traditional ways of training. With a strong historical bias towards classroom based delivery and 1:1, Niall recognises the need for a 'softly, softly' approach. You'll hear how he's starting with Virtual Classroom tools as a way of easing learning technologies into the organisation. At the same time Niall is seeing a fundamental change in the role of Group IT Training as they move from a delivery function to one which provides faciliatation and advice.
- Their experiences to date with learning technologies
- The expectations of their audience
- The overall corporate commitment to reducing costs and carbon footprint
- The evaluation process that Niall is going through with Virtual Classrooms
- His tips on how other organisations with a similar preference for classroom based training can start to introduce learning technologies as an effective complimentary resource.
Also do complete our minipoll.
Did you like this article? Rate it!