- Text size
June 02, 2010 Posted by: Laura Overton Keywords:
Last update 25th Nov 2010:
Accelerating Performance, the 2010-11 Towards Maturity Benchmark was launched on 25th of November 2010 and can be downloaded for free below.
The 2010-11 benchmark consists of 3 reports that can be downloaded for free below
- Accelerating Performance - Towards Maturity 2010-11 benchmark: Executive Summary
- Accelerating Performance - Towards Maturity 2010-11 benchmark: Full report
- Accelerating Performance - Towards Maturity 2010-11 benchmark: Longitudinal trends – data tables
400+ organisations participated in the 2010 TM benchmark creating a great basis for comparison across the private and public sector , a total of 1200 organisations have now been through the benchmark since it began.
Please join our LinkedIn group New Learning Benchmarks - This group is for people wanting to fast track the results of innovative workplace learning & development through benchmarking.
Background to the TM 2010 benchmark.
The 2010 benchmark represents a unique industry collaboration reflected by endorsements from 15 organisations that represent employer needs from all sectors and Towards Maturity has worked with these organisations to ensure currency and relevance. Find out what The Institute of IT training, the British Institute of learning and Development, Training Journal, TrainingZone , Charles Jennings, Jane Hart, David Wilson and many others are encouraging you to take part. It has also had tremendous interest outside of the UK via organisations such as ELNET in Australia.
The work was commissioned by Becta as part of their ongoing legacy to support effective use of learning technologies in the workplace.
Nigel Paine, one of the UK's L&D thought leaders who also contributed to the benchmark thinking, succinctly sums up what the industry is saying 'Everyone wants to know where they stand. Most are keen to learn from what others have done. Combine those two ideas with a dash of user friendliness and you have the TM 2010 benchmark. There is nothing like it and nothing works better'.
The benchmark is aimed at those responsible for implementing learning technologies at work who are under pressure to deliver more with less.
- Increase e-learning adoption and effectiveness
- Accelerate change
- Improve business engagement
- Deliver better results and improve efficiency
- Receive independent, personalised feedback & practical advice?
To date over 1200 organisations from the private, public and not for profit sectors have participated in Towards Maturity's independent benchmark, established in 2004 to identify how to improve the impact of learning technologies at work.
What have participants said about the TM Benchmark process?
70% of those who have been through the benchmark said that just participating provided new ideas for improving the results of their e-learning services. What is happening next? Here's some of the feedback from participants :
- Excellent survey - well worth doing since it points out how much work I have yet to do.
- Thanks a lot for a very meaningful survey! I has awakened lots of thoughts in my mind!
- Great study with thought provoking questions, our Industry needs this level of analysis and insight so that we can grow together and build a robust industry for our future.
- Thank you. Great idea guys, this survey has challenged my thinking & thoughts around Learning Technologies
- Really interesting questions - very thought provoking - thank you
- I believe this is the best survey I have spent my time on (even though it was a long one). The questions were well thought through and I could for once relate them to my organisation that I support
ʻWe are modernising the way that we think about learning in the council and technology is a critical element. Taking part in the TM Benchmark gave us a chance to reflect on our strategy and imlementation plans. The personalised report helped us refine our approach and provided practical ideas that really increased engagement and saved us time.ʼ Wendy Henry, Snr L&D Officer, Lincolnshire CC
“The personalised benchmark report we received has provided a framework for learning technology strategy and implementation that I keep coming back to – in essence it has helped me to define my objectives, highlighting areas where we can further develop a culture of learning within the RNLI.” John LeRossignol, Learning Resources Manager at RNLI
Click here for more testimonies.
Download the reports
Please login to download these documents for free.
If you have any problems in downloading the report just contact us below with your email address and we'll send you the PDF.
- Accelerating Performance 2010-10 TM Benchmark Data Tables
- Accelerating performance 2010-11 Towards Maturity Benchmark Exe
- Accelerating performance 2010-11 Towards Maturity Benchmark full